Careers with Leidan Mitchell Salon
Congratulations on taking the first steps toward being your own boss!
Leidan Mitchell/Model Citizen sits uniquely between a commission run salon and individual suite rentals. Since 2001, we have built a strong reputation throughout the valley with our team of dedicated beauty professionals. Our three valley locations give you the opportunity and ability to build and accommodate clients from around the ever-growing valley. Each salon is beautifully built and designed to offer a professional atmosphere for you and your clients to enjoy. We are always working to elevate beauty professionals to achieve their dream of running their own business. We also offer education and business knowledge for just graduated stylists in our assistant program. With our exclusive retail partners, we offer on-going education and business building tools. It is time to go from overlooked to overbooked!!!
Business Opportunities at Leidan Mitchell
- Assistant Training Program – In this program, newly licensed stylists or stylists that have not built a clientele can work toward building their business within ours. Our mentorship program will prepare a young stylist to build a business of their own while being a part of .
- Commission Based Rent – This program is for a younger stylist with a budding clientele who has room for growth. There is no overhead of daily rent, instead, rent is calculated as a percentage of each client’s ticket. We both have an investment in growing your business and helping you succeed.
- Weekly Station / Treatment Room Rental – All roads lead to this: managing your own business, enjoying the flexibility and the creativity that come with being your own boss. You decide how many days you rent each week, you decide how many hours you work each day, you decide your pricing structure, the products you use on your clients and so much more. Enjoy your best life, personally and professionally, and we are here to help!
It’s all in the details…when you join the team at Leidan Mitchell / Model Citizen you will enjoy…
- A one year lease term.
- 3 Valley locations to choose from.
- Move-in ready stations and treatment rooms – no build out, no expense.
- Front Desk / Concierge Service for you and your clients with payment services.
- Access to exclusive retail products with industry discounts (Kerastase, Bumble, Oribe, Goldwell Professional Color, Eminence, Jan Marini, Rhonda Allison.
- Friendly waiting areas at each salon, comfortable and clean.
- Benefit from and build clients from our reputation built over 19 years.
- Kerastase, Bumble, and Oribe stocked at the shampoo bowls.
- Full-time housekeeping / towel service at all locations.
- On-going education provided in-salon with travel also available.
- Utilities, WiFi, included in the rent.
- Options to purchase group healthcare plans.
Decisions to think about before becoming an Independent Contractor:
- Decide how you will track your client appointments, online or paper book?
- Supplies and ordering: what color line will you stock and what other revenue generating services will you offer?
- Setup a checking account to run your business through and track expenses and income separately from your personal account.
- Purchase General and Professional Liability Insurance, Renters Insurance, and (possibly) Disability Insurance.
- Schedule a move-in day at Leidan Mitchell or Model Citizen Salons
We are anxious to hear from you! Please fill out the form below, or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.